Wednesday, November 09, 2005

twisted shoulder - bruised foot - bring it on...


Having acquired the new ability to do a “handwalk”, I do it wherever and whenever I can. That of course, doesn’t include office’ nor mosque’ floors. Mostly, I do it in appropriate places, ie. My carpeted living room, or my capoeira “dojo”. So there was this one time right before lebaran day when I was handwalking in the living room, for the purpose of being obnoxious to my ‘lil sister who was watching the telly. I went back and forth to block her view from Mr. Gil Grissom who was analyzing a fractured bone out of a dead young girl. She threw me some packs of pillows to get me off my balance. Alas for her, for her brother posses a body balance that will make jonathan sianturi looks like a joke. Umm… maybe Ronnie sianturi for this matter. Anyway, I managed to overcome the pillow blows which felt like swinging gigantic pillars like those in Indiana jones movies when you’re being upside down. However, after she gave up, God threw me an uninvisible pillow of His. Somehow I was taken off my balance for no cause, and hit the floor with my shoulder as the first point of contact. I was lying in the floor, short-breathed, for over a minute when my lil sister said “satisfied now, bruce lee?”. The pain in the shoulder instantly multiplied by the razor-sharp words.

For days after that incident, I could barely use my left arm. It’s functioned was limited only to hold my pants down when I took my number 1 in the bathroom, to shift the gear from N to D position, or to activate the front car wiper as it’s top task. To make matters worse, I was paired up with that same sister when we visited relatives for the lebaran, where my parents stayed at home, and my older sister preferred to go with her husband. And I swear I could see her smirking on me when I ask her to push the next track button in the tape, since it was a bit painful for me to perform the routine myself. To make her point clear, she repeatedly said “I understand now you have learned your lesson not to walk like an ape again. Ever”. Boy, how she’s wrong. I just did a “wheeling” in my room just this morning after I finished my Subuh prayer. And I decided not to tell her that I hit the book rack with the inner side of my right foot, left a stamp of bruise at it, and limp my self up to this moment.

No. I’m not a sadomasochist…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home